Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mid-Week Mantra: I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

I was really struggling with the mid-week mantra today. Life has been pretty uninspiring for me the last few weeks with injuries and sickness, health scares in my family, and just the general blahs that come around every once in awhile. And this past weekend, my little family was dealt with the biggest blow we've had to face so far: my husband was let go from his job.

It was so shocking and scary, and I immediately thought it would crush us. I couldn't help it. I try to maintain a positive outlook on everything, but this was too close to home. Literally. What if he can't find another job soon? Will we be able to keep our home? Will we be able to buy groceries to feed our children? What are we going to do? I was devastated and petrified.

But then something amazing happened. As we told more friends and family about our unfortunate situation, the more support and love that rained down upon us. People stepping in to help in whatever capacity they could. I'm getting emotional just thinking of all these phenomenal humans who surround us, willing to vouch for my husband's character and work ethic without hesitation, encompassing us with hopefulness and positivity.

So my mid-week mantra for you is to open yourself up to the love and support that is around you. You may feel like a burden when you ask for help. You are not. Let others lift you up when you fall. Let them champion for you. Let yourself be loved. For there is no better feeling in this world.

Cheers to the next chapter...
~R (& J)
Inspire. Motivate. Move.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your honest sharing and for the hope and inspiration you found. It lifts all of us up! We love you and are with you every step of the way!!!

    October 28, 2014

    ReplyDelete