Monday, December 16, 2013

Beat the Eats: Week Six

Welcome to Week Six!  Here are the deets for this week...

Inspire: The challenge this week is to count calories.  This is a great way to really see what you are actually consuming vs. what you think you are eating.  Read those labels, write everything down.  We recommend MyFitnessPal, which is FREE both online and the mobile app.  It is very easy to use and has a huge library of foods so entering your meals is a snap!

Tip of the Week: Don't drink your calories!  So many drinks these days are loaded with calories and sugar.  You can be doing great on the food, but then you have three or for cocktails, and your day is sabotaged.  Since we're counting calories this week, make sure you add in all the drinks, too.   

Feline Foodie FavoritesEating Well is our website of the week.  The link will take you directly to their 2013 Holiday Cocktail Recipes, but check out the rest of the site for meal ideas and great sides to bring to parties!

Feline Feedback

Andrea: When I first began a food diary it was more finding out about my eating habits (am I getting enough protein, etc) than it was about counting calories. However, it helps to keep track, even if just for a few weeks, to know where your calories are going. You'd be surprised how easy it is to use your daily calories in one meal or two meals.  I highly suggest finding out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), which is how many calories you burn just breathing. You can use the calculator to figure out how many calories you need to lose or gain weight. It also puts into account how active your are, I was actually not eating enough based on my physical activity. Click here to use the calculator to find out what your daily calorie intake should be.  

Rebecca: I am happy for the challenge this week.  When I was successful at losing the first 40 pounds, much of it was due to counting calories.  Giving value to the calories made me more aware of how to spend them.  "If I eat this 100 calorie candy bar, then I can't have that side I was planning on later with dinner."  This mentality really helped me stay on track, and I think this is the push I need to get back into it. You can find me on MyFitnessPal under vegagenesis.

Good luck to you, Fitness Friends!  Let us know your progress on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram. #beattheeats #fitfelines

~A&R
Inspire. Motivate. Move.

No comments:

Post a Comment