Tuesday, July 26, 2011

See Girl Run

Photo by Jenny Holzer
I have done three 5ks and have three more lined up over the next few months, and most would be surprised to know I dislike running. Well, maybe not dislike. I'm not the best self motivator, hence my preference for boot camps or other group classes. It's up to me how hard and fast I run and it's hard to push myself when I can easily stop. I suppose I run for discipline in a way and to strengthen my inner voice of perseverance. Sounds a little deep considering it's exercise but I find the same strength trickles down to other areas in life. My sister is a runner and she is not only faster than me she always runs at least a mile or two longer but I don't mind. I admire her dedication to it and how well she does when we run together. 
Today is a run day for me but I'm not feeling it. I have no desire to hop on a treadmill and it's too hot to run outside. On days like this I have to get past my inner laziness and regain focus. I found the following quote inspiring. 
"I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles.You might feel that you can't, but then you find your inner strength and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought. " - Arthur Blank

No comments:

Post a Comment