Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Mid-Week Mantra: Release your Assumptions

"Don't assume. It makes an ass out of you and me."

Have you heard or said this? I sure have. And it really is great advice I should probably take more often. Assumptions tend to start small, but they can breed into doubts and fears that should never have taken seed.

The truth of the matter is when we make assumptions, we don't really have all the facts. If I assume that when you say something about parenting in general, you are judging my parenting, then I am going to silently resent you, regardless if that was your intent. If I assume people are looking at my outfit and thinking I look terrible, then I begin to feel shame about myself.

By letting go of assumptions, you release unnecessary negative energy, and open yourself to positivity and gratitude.

Have a splendid Wednesday!
~A&R
Inspire. Motivate. Move.



No comments:

Post a Comment