Friday, June 06, 2014

Feline Feature May Wrap Up

Laura: I am still eating a Paleo diet and have reintroduced dairy.  Since starting Paleo, I have lost 26 pounds!  I am happy that I am still continuing to lose weight even eating cheese and and ice cream (in moderate amounts!).  The C25K program is still going well, and I am up to running 5 minutes straight - longer than I think I have ever run in my life.


I was concerned May would have roadblocks because of the two vacations I had planned, but I have been choosing to stay on my healthy path and stay physically active.  I will continue running through June and maintain my healthy eating habits.  Can't wait to see what this next month brings. ROCK ON! 
#FelineLaura #onmyway

Short Term Goals: 
  • Complete C25K program
  • Lose 3-5% of my body weight by the end of June
Long Term Goals:
  • Maintain healthier eating decisions and a regular exercise routine
  • Significant weight loss within the next year
  • Be more confident in myself
My Reason: I want to lead a healthier lifestyle, living a long life with those I love for a very long time.  I don't know what the future holds, but I know I want to be around as long as I can to see what the world has in store for me.
My Plan: Eat regularly every day and no skipping meals; consistent meal planning.  Cut out fast food/drive-thru; order more responsibly when at restaurants.  Begin using MyFitnessPal and MapMyWalk again.  Exercise every day.
________________________________________________________________________________

AngelaI’m sure you all have heard the saying, “Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans.” How true that has proven to be in the last couple of months. Much to my surprise (and my husband’s), we recently found out that we are expecting another baby. My focus now has changed from trying to lose weight to trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle which, once you add in the extra hormones, can be difficult. During my previous pregnancy, I developed Gestational Diabetes but was able to keep it under control with diet. Thankfully, the diet changes that I have made in the last couple of months will make maintenance much easier this go around as my eating habits are better than they ever have been. Emeals (as always) has made that part of being healthy so much easier and I can’t say enough good things about them.

Even though I’m no longer trying to lose weight, it’s still important that I maintain regular physical activityBeing someone who loves nothing more than staying in her pajamas all day binge watching movies, staying active has always been difficult (pregnant or not). This is where I will be focusing my energy. Hopefully, I can find an activity that will suit my needs and restrictions as well as being fun to do. Suggestions are always welcome. :) Until next month. #FelineAngela #onmyway

Short Term Goal:
  • Maintain a healthy weight and stay active during my pregnancy
Long Term Goals:
  • To have my actual weight match the fictional weight I put on my drivers license
  • To make a habit of 60 minutes of "play every day" - it's not just for kids!
  • To set a good example for my son
  • For the first time in my life, I would like to have a healthy BMI
My reason: I lost my dad in 2006 to diabetes, and I know if I don’t get a handle on my health now, I could follow the same path of leaving my family much too soon. I want to be around for my son and not just live, but thrive.
My plan: It's a work in progress. Since I had a baby my plans have gone by the wayside. Finding a way to balance taking care of myself, my son, and our home, has proven to be difficult. I recently signed up for Emeals, a meal planning service, which has helped with dinners. However, I still struggle with figuring out what to eat during that day, mainly with how much and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment