Thursday, May 01, 2014

Feline Feature April Wrap Up

Great month for both of our Feline Featurettes, Laura and Angela! Catch up on how they're doing:


Laura: April has been an awesome month for me.  I have been kicking @$$ and taking names!  I am so pumped to see where I am now compared to where I was when I started doing these write ups in February.  April is almost over, which means the Whole30Program is almost complete.  It was harder than I thought, even though I was already eating Paleo, but I DID IT!  Additionally, I started the Couch to 5k program. I have been going at my own pace to master each week before moving on, but I am so happy with the progress I am making.  I am only on week three, and I couldn't tell you the last time I jogged for three minutes straight, on purpose.  I don't think I've done it on accident, or even while being chased.  I am even throwing in an extra minute or more of running right before my cool down.  My mantra for April has been: I'M ROCKIN' IT!


I will rock it even harder into May.  May poses some challenges as I am going on two vacations.  Vacations have always been hard for me, especially when trying to eat healthy and work out.  I will be sticking as close to my Paleo diet as possible and get a few runs/walks in on the streets of Seattle and Mankato.  I look forward to another awesome report for you all to wrap up May.  ROCK ON! 
#FelineLaura #onmyway

Short Term Goals: 
  • Complete C25K program
  • Lose 3-5% of my body weight by the end of May
Long Term Goals:
  • Maintain healthier eating decisions and a regular exercise routine
  • Significant weight loss within the next year
  • Be more confident in myself
My Reason: I want to lead a healthier lifestyle, living a long life with those I love for a very long time.  I don't know what the future holds, but I know I want to be around as long as I can to see what the world has in store for me.
My Plan: Eat regularly every day and no skipping meals; consistent meal planning.  Cut out fast food/drive-thru; order more responsibly when at restaurants.  Begin using MyFitnessPal and MapMyWalk again.  Exercise every day.
_____________________________________________________

Angela:
Hello all! I can’t believe another month has already gone by! This past month had many challenges as some health developments came up not only for myself but for my child. Unfortunately, that has caused a speed bump in my road to weight loss. However, I did manage to keep my eating habits in check so no pounds were gained during the battle. Spring has sprung and along with the nicer weather has also come the opportunity to start taking advantage of all the great parks in the Denver area. I can’t wait to get out there to show my son exercise does not always happen in a gym.  I have also been looking into fitness classes in which my son can participate with me and have found several places that offer Baby and Me Yoga so I’m super excited to check them out and report back with my progress

Next month and the months to follow will provide a unique opportunity for me to ramp things up fitness-wise as a new health challenge has presented itself (will share more on that next month). Until then... :)  #FelineAngela #onmyway

Short Term Goal:
  • Lose 10 pounds, putting me at a weight I haven't seen in over 10 years
Long Term Goals:
  • To have my actual weight match the fictional weight I put on my drivers license
  • To make a habit of 60 minutes of "play every day - it's not just for kids!
  • To set a good example for my son
  • For the first time in my life, I would like to have a healthy BMI
My reason: I lost my dad in 2006 to diabetes, and I know if I don’t get a handle on my health now, I could follow the same path of leaving my family much too soon. I want to be around for my son and not just live, but thrive.
My plan: It's a work in progress. Since I had a baby my plans have gone by the wayside. Finding a way to balance taking care of myself, my son, and our home, has proven to be difficult. I recently signed up for Emeals, a meal planning service, which has helped with dinners. However, I still struggle with figuring out what to eat during that day, mainly with how much and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment