Friday, February 28, 2014

Move: Feline Flow: Feline Feature February Wrap Up

Happy Friday, Fitness Friends!  Here is an update on our Feline Featurettes, Laura and Angela:

Laura:
In February, I suffered a bit from the "eyes bigger than the stomach" syndrome in regards to my goals. Although I did not meet my specific short term goals for the month, I found myself making the effort to meet them. I hit a few roadblocks this past month, but I am trying very hard to not make excuses as to why I did not meet my goals. I did not hit the 20 second plank mark, however I can now do a 7 second plank, which is 7 seconds longer than I used to be able to do it. I also did not lose my goal amount of weight, but I have lost a little, and to me that is better than nothing. I have been fitting in exercise of some sorts most every day, and this is a great accomplishment to me. #FelineLaura #onmyway

March comes with some new challenges. Before I agreed to write for this blog, I made the decision to switch to a strict Paleo diet for 2 months to see if it could help clear up some health issues. Well, my start date that I set is finally here. For March I will be sticking to the Paleo diet, while stepping up my workout game, and continuting to work on the dang plank. I will make it to that 20 second mark!

Short Term Goals: 
  • Work my way up to a 20 second plank
  • Lose 3-5% of my body weight by the end of March
Long Term Goals:
  • Maintain healthier eating decisions and a regular exercise routine
  • Significant weight loss within the next year
  • Be more confident in myself
My Reason: I want to lead a healthier lifestyle, living a long life with those I love for a very long time.  I don't know what the future holds, but I know I want to be around as long as I can to see what the world has in store for me.
My Plan: Eat regularly every day and no skipping meals; consistent meal planning.  Cut out fast food/drive-thru; order more responsibly when at restaurants.  Begin using MyFitnessPal and MapMyWalk again.  Exercise every day.
_____________________________________________________

Angela:
Hello all! I can't believe it's been a month already!  Emeals.com (meal planning service) has been awesome!  I love that I get seven healthy dinners and a shopping list delivered right to my email every week. (i'm not being paid to say that either!)  It has made eating healthier much easier.  With all the meal plan choices they have, it's hard to get bored with it.  I've also found a few different healthy snack options that are already pre-portioned (as I tend to overeat) which has helped as well.  While i haven't lost any weight, i haven't gained any either, so that's a positive.  Another positive thing is that I think I have finally found a winter outdoor activity that I could get into.  I went cross-country skiing for the fir first time and loved it!  What an amazing workout and not nearly as expensive as downhill skiing, so pluses all around!

I've been playing around with my schedule during the day, in hopes of finding an ideal time for me to work out while taking care of the kiddo and the house.  I have to admit that that is the most difficult thing now.  Every day, a new challenge, right?  Hopefully I can get a handle on it and share my plan for it next month!  Until then... :)  #FelineAngela #onmyway

Short Term Goal:
  • Lose 15 pounds, putting me at a weight I haven't seen in over 10 years
Long Term Goals:
  • To have my actual weight match the fictional weight I put on my drivers license
  • To make a habit of 60 minutes of "play every day - it's not just for kids!
  • To set a good example for my son
  • For the first time in my life, I would like to have a healthy BMI

My reason: I lost my dad in 2006 to diabetes, and I know if I don’t get a handle on my health now, I could follow the same path of leaving my family much too soon. I want to be around for my son and not just live, but thrive.
My plan: It's a work in progress. Since I had a baby my plans have gone by the wayside. Finding a way to balance taking care of myself, my son, and our home, has proven to be difficult. I recently signed up for Emeals, a meal planning service, which has helped with dinners. However, I still struggle with figuring out what to eat during that day, mainly with how much and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment