Sunday, December 29, 2013

Beat the Eats: Week Eight

It's the final week of Beat the Eats, and we want to thank you for joining us on our first eight week program! We hope you have enjoyed the challenges and have found our posts helpful. As the new year begins, we will continue to be a supportive platform in the journey of fitness. More great things will be in store for Fitness Felines in 2014, so stay tuned!


Inspire: This week's challenge is to find your why.  When you know the reason behind your goals, you are more inclined to keep them.  With the new year comes resolutions. Take a moment to reflect on the meaning of yours.

Tip of the Week: A good way to stay focused is to begin goal planning. Begin with the short term and then expand into long term. Remember to keep goals realistic and specific. Nothing happens overnight.  The SMART criteria is a good place to start. 

Feline Foodie Favorites: All Recipes is our favorite this week.  An easy resource for anything and everything, they have a whole section dedicated to low calorie recipes.  Enjoy!

Feline Feedback

Andrea: When I first started with my trainer, he asked me what my reason was for working with him. He said I needed to know as it would be what would get me out of bed in the morning (we met at 6am). He was right. Without knowing why I was training with him, it would be easy to give in to the excuses to skip our sessions and stay in bed. The key is also being honest with yourself. No matter your reason, it is what will keep you going. Don't underestimate the power of your desire.

Rebecca: My why seems to be constantly changing, and if I'm being completely honest, it is usually superficial.  Reflecting on this, it may be why I continue to self-sabotage my efforts.  Superficiality can only get you so far.  A more profound reason to stay on task is the only way I am going to be able to kick these last 30 pounds.  So I head off to meditate and listen to my inner voice, and hopefully find my meaningful why that will propel me into 2014 with focus and purpose.

Good luck to you, Fitness Friends!  Let us know your progress on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram. #beattheeats #fitfelines

~A&R
Inspire. Motivate. Move.

No comments:

Post a Comment