Sunday, November 17, 2013

Week One: Weekend Wrap-Up

We Made It!

Week One is done!  Thank you so much for all your feedback, questions, and inspiration this week.  It is so humbling and gratifying for us to have you all on this journey with us.  Here are our thoughts on how we did this week.  Please be sure to let us know how you did, and if you'll be trying to make this trend stick!

Andrea: This week's challenge was good for me as it made me be a little more prepared in the morning. I'm happy to report I didn't miss one breakfast since I had everything I needed on hand. I would start the day with my favorite gluten free waffles and an apple with almond butter or a banana. If I had an early morning workout I would bring a banana or apple with me to eat right after. Once I ran out of waffles I changed it up with oatmeal with flax seed with a meatless sausage patty on the side. I'm going to make this stick as I have so much more energy throughout the day when I have a good breakfast.

Rebecca: I found my biggest hurdles this week came when I was working from home, or just being around the house.  When I am at work, I plan out all my meals and snacks for the day leaving little room for error or a binge session.  But when I am at home, it is so easy for me to fall off the wagon, particularly with my sons' Halloween candy still around! However, making time for breakfast did leave me feeling more full, which curtailed my normal mid-morning nosh fest, so I hope to continue this going forward.  Perhaps taking that extra time to plan out my meals when I'm home will give me the control I so desperately need when it comes to my food habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment