Sunday, November 17, 2013

Beat the Eats: Week Two

Welcome to Week Two!  Here are the deets for this week...

Inspire: The challenge this week is to integrate Meatless Monday.  This can actually be on Monday or attempting to make a meal vegetarian at any time during the week.  The health benefits of a plant heavy diet are numerous, from the lower risk of heart disease to bettering the planet.  Just adding in one veggie meal a day can drastically change your health for the better.  And you are probably already doing it!

Tip of the Week: Meal Planning!  "More planning?!" you ask incredulously.  This can be one of the easiest ways to make sure there are no surprises in the week to come.  If you plan out your meals for the week ahead of time, you are more likely to stick with it.  Plus it aids in your shopping, particularly with those fresh vegetables and fruits.  They will be used and eaten, instead of gathering mold in the back of your fridge. 

Feline Foodie FavoritesVegWeb is a great resource for all things vegetarian.  The recipes are compiled from all over and are broken down in many different categories so you can search many different ways.  You won't even notice the meat is missing!

Feline Feedback

Andrea: This week is especially hard for me since I was out of town Monday, I was in Las Vegas completing my second half marathon. I couldn't exactly plan my meals but while on the plane ride home I made notes about what items I needed when I returned. Incorporating more veggie rich meals won't be too far of a stretch for me but I know I can always add more of a variety to my meals.
Rebecca: This week's challenge by itself won't be hard since I no longer eat meat, so I will be focusing more on the meal planning.  I seem to have a two week tolerance for it: I do great for two weeks, then everything falls apart.  But everyone in my family benefits from it when I do it, so I have my sights set on a minimum of four nights of pre-planned meals with ingredients on hand.  After grocery shopping today, I will be in good shape!

(Andrea is currently running her second half marathon in a month, so she will do her write up as soon as she gets back!)


Good luck to you, Fitness Friends!  Let us know your progress on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram. #beattheeats #fitfelines

~A&R
Inspire. Motivate. Move.





No comments:

Post a Comment