Friday, March 28, 2014

Move: Feline Feature March Wrap-Up

Happy Friday, Fitness Friends!  Here is an update on our Feline Featurettes, Laura and Angela:

Laura:
On March 3rd, I starting eating a strict Paleo diet. The first week was hard for me. I couldn't understand how cheese, milk, and any kind of grain would be bad for me. Well, now I am 24 days in, and I totally get it. I still miss cheese, ice cream, and grains like crazy, but it has gotten easier every day. I still get to eat amazing foods that are super delicious!  Since starting this style of eating, I have dropped almost 15 pounds and haven't had the urge to stop at a drive-thru.


For April, I will continue on the Paleo path. On April 1st I will start the Whole30Program. This will step up my game a little more, as it is more strict than I have been already. I will also be stepping up my exercise regime. I have been going out for 2.5 - 3 mile walks about 4 times a week. For April I will be starting the Couch to 5K program. I hope to have an awesome report next month! #FelineLaura #onmyway

Short Term Goals: 
  • Complete C25K program
  • Lose 3-5% of my body weight by the end of April
Long Term Goals:
  • Maintain healthier eating decisions and a regular exercise routine
  • Significant weight loss within the next year
  • Be more confident in myself
My Reason: I want to lead a healthier lifestyle, living a long life with those I love for a very long time.  I don't know what the future holds, but I know I want to be around as long as I can to see what the world has in store for me.
My Plan: Eat regularly every day and no skipping meals; consistent meal planning.  Cut out fast food/drive-thru; order more responsibly when at restaurants.  Begin using MyFitnessPal and MapMyWalk again.  Exercise every day.
_____________________________________________________

Angela:
Hello once again! Another month gone by with a little bit of success. I have definitely found that while exercise is important, nutrition trumps everything. My husband and I have been following the Paleo meal plan provided by Emeals and have loved it!! Not only that but I have lost 5 pounds!! Whoohoo! I have also been working on my attitude as that is just as important as everything else. A little meditation goes a long way! Despite catching a cold in the last week and wanting to eat everything in sight, I have managed to keep myself in check. It’s all about the little victories, right? 

Next month and the months to follow will provide a unique opportunity for me to ramp things up fitness-wise as a new health challenge has presented itself (will share more on that next month). Until then... :)  #FelineAngela #onmyway

Short Term Goal:
  • Lose 10 pounds, putting me at a weight I haven't seen in over 10 years
Long Term Goals:
  • To have my actual weight match the fictional weight I put on my drivers license
  • To make a habit of 60 minutes of "play every day - it's not just for kids!
  • To set a good example for my son
  • For the first time in my life, I would like to have a healthy BMI

My reason: I lost my dad in 2006 to diabetes, and I know if I don’t get a handle on my health now, I could follow the same path of leaving my family much too soon. I want to be around for my son and not just live, but thrive.
My plan: It's a work in progress. Since I had a baby my plans have gone by the wayside. Finding a way to balance taking care of myself, my son, and our home, has proven to be difficult. I recently signed up for Emeals, a meal planning service, which has helped with dinners. However, I still struggle with figuring out what to eat during that day, mainly with how much and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment