Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014: A Year of Possibilities

A new year is like a blank canvas, the opportunity to start fresh. The possibilities are endless as to what you plan to accomplish in the next 365 days. I find it exciting! Last year was good to me, and I have no complaints, so 2014 has big shoes to fill. This year will be about keeping myself challenged. I ran two half marathons, which I'm very proud of, but it's time to raise the bar. I will be working on my time for the Berlin Half Marathon in March. I'm also seriously contemplating running a marathon but it needs to be the right place and time frame. Even if it's not this year I will continue pushing myself with distance running. I also want to work on my flexibility and incorporate more yoga in my routine. I'm looking forward to all of the races I'm signed up for and the ones which might happen on a whim.

My motivation for all of this? I look at it as celebrating my body, being thankful I have the ability to do these activities. What gets me out of bed is knowing I'm being good to myself and adding longevity to my life.  We only have this moment, right now, and I don't want to cheat myself out of the present because of my past or my worry of the future. Be kind to yourself and you will find many things fall into place.


Here's to a Happy and Healthy Year!

Inspire. Motivate. Move.

-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment